Buying a home may be one of the most expensive purchases you will ever make. Whether this home is used as a primary residence, investment or vacation retreat, you must have a systemized approach to the home buying process. Failure to do so could result in the loss of thousands of dollars, or worse, a very stressful and unpleasant experience.
Real estate markets are forever changing for homebuyers. So, what steps should you take to prepare for the market we are in right now?
- Choose your desired location. Are you buying because of the local activities? Do you want to be in a specific school district? Is ease of shopping important? Your real estate professional will work to find you the home you desire in a location you want.
- Make a list of your most sought after amenities. Is a pool and hot tub in your complex a top demand? Do you want to be in a golf course community? How important is a gated community? Does the home face a preferred direction? Is a garage a non-negotiable for you? What you buy today will be what you enjoy for years to come. Make sure to think through the things you want.
- Get prequalified before you start looking. How much can you afford? Talk to a qualified lender and work to obtain pre-approval. This puts you in a stronger negotiating position for when you finally find your preferred home. It also makes the home buying experience realistic with fewer surprises.
- Hire a Real Estate Professional. This might seem obvious, but with so many websites that allow people to do it themselves, people often think they do not need an agent. Professional agents, however, are able to streamline the searching process, preview any home that meets your list of wants and needs, and works to always have your best interest in mind. Buying a house can be lengthy, complicated, and overwhelming. Let somebody else deal with the process for you. In the end, it will be much simpler and the process will be much more enjoyable.
- Hire a Licensed Home Inspector. Home inspectors are skilled and trained to look and test for most major defects that could cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars down the line. What looks perfect on the outside might not be underneath. You want to make sure you do not end up owning a home that becomes a money pit and stressor for you and your family.
At Team Peterson Realty, professionals will see to it that your interests and priorities when buying your California Desert Living home will be of utmost importance.
If You Do Not See the Community You Want, . We Can Show Any Home In The Coachella Valley.
We welcome buyers & sellers of all ages and lifestyles.
Recently listed homes you might like
Hard to find Balboa Plan offering 2 master suites! Take in the beautiful unobstructed Western Mountains as your backdrop! This home sits on the 17th fairway that overlo...
Beautiful home!! Futures 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,600 Sq Ft, 2 car garage, with a nice relaxing area in the living with a fireplace, formal dining room, laundry room in...
Light and bright home with laminate floors in Kitchen, family room and laundry room. Drywall,white house doors,vaulted ceilings, rolling shutters and island kitchen. Fami...
Mid-century gem! Open the gate to your own secluded, meticulously maintained Cathedral City Cove paradise retreat. This mid-century designed 2 bedroom/2 bath home and poo...
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…